[GLLUG] MSU Degrees in Computer Information Systems

Bert David davidber@msu.edu
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:28:11 -0500

I don't know if you've had a chance yet, but try checking out the TC course
pages, http://www.tc.msu.edu/programs/courses.html.  There's some
interesting classes in the TC dept. that probably have to do with what you
want.  Although, I don't think you're going to find everything that a CIS
student would, but it's pretty close.

Here's a few classes that you might enjoy:
TC 361: Telecommunication System and Service Policies
TC 452: Telecommunication and Information Industries (W)
TC 458: Telecommunication Management
TC 462B: Telecommunication Applications: Teleconferencing
TC 462A: Telecommunication Applications: Organizational Impacts
TC 462C: Telecommunication Applications: Electronic Information Services
TC 463: Digital Telecommunication Networks
TC 465: Telecommunication Network Management (W)
TC 491: Special Topics in Telecommunication (which may have some interesting
IT topics)

Another route would be to go and see what LCC has to offer.  I think they
have a CIS program, and maybe this is something that you're looking for.

Bert David
davidber@msu.edu