[GLLUG] (no subject)

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
21 Mar 2002 13:58:46 -0500

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 13:32, szumlins@msu.edu wrote:
> I know a couple of GLLUGers use TCIMet modems, and I was wondering if
anyone knew how the hell to get a hold of anyone in the TCIMet office
after the whole comcast switchover.  My modem has been down the last
couple of days and I've been running through phone loops trying to
contact someone. Any ideas?

1. Unplug your cable modem and TV.
2. Unplug your electric range or other high-voltage appliance.
3. Patch the now vacant electric outlet to the now vacant cable line.
4. Listen for the fizzle, pop, or minor explosion to indicate your
success.
5. Wait for TCI to contact *you*.

;)

[Note: Technical problems or inaccuracies with my suggestions can be
filed under /dev/null, this is humor, not electrical engineering. ;) ]

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org