[GLLUG] daemon for executing code

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Thu, 2 May 2002 12:55:45 -0400

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 12:33:09PM -0400, Michael Malinak wrote:

   I'm looking for a daemon that just listens on a port for a string
   and then executes it as a script.  I started to write one, then
   decided it would be cool to write it in C# and that led to a 4.5
   hour process of debugging mcs and mono on linux.  So now my brain
   is fried and I don't fee like writing my own <G>.

   Yeah I know this is generally a bad idea (open script for running
   programs), but it's for some generic testing behind a firewall...
   more proof of concept than anything.

Crackers have been adding /bin/sh to /etc/inetd.conf for this purpose
for years... seems to have worked well for them :)

dpk