Sharp Zaurus was Re: [GLLUG] MP3 Players

SzidikM@mlcnet.org SzidikM@mlcnet.org
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:52:09 -0400

I was going to do a write-up on my new handheld later on, but now is as
good as any.

I just got a Sharp Zaurus yesterday.  I have only messed with it for a
couple of hours, but I am impressed.  It plays MP3's  (ogg too with 3rd
party software).

It has a Compact flash slot *and* a SD slot, so you can load it up with a
lot of memory.   Plus it does a heck of a lot more than play MP3's.

I bought an 802.11b card so I can surf the web (Opera built in) and SSH
into my servers on my back patio.   I have not installed this yet.

Other cool things:
Linux 2.4 kernel
Keyboard
bash shell
Python 2
Voice recorder

This thing is head and sholders above my old Palm IIIxe

------------------
Mark Szidik

                    sreiner@fnba.com
                    Sent by:                  To:     linux-user@egr.msu.edu (GLLUG Post)
                    linux-user-admin@e        cc:
                    gr.msu.edu                Subject:     [GLLUG] MP3 Players

                    05/16/02 03:30 PM
                    Please respond to
                    sreiner

I am considering purchasing an MP3 player, something capable of storing a
large number of files.  Anyone have concerns, experiences, hate, joy, etc
with Archos or Ipod or another player?

Suzanne