[GLLUG] IP Aliases and routing

Subba Rao sailorn@attglobal.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:8:14 -0500

Thank you for replying.

I am not using any NAT or IPTABLES/IPCHAINS.  The system is left wide open.
It is actually a test server, since we do not have several boxes to setup.  The aliased
addresses are on different subnets. (10.10.1.55  10.200.36.55  10.220.45.55 etc) All of them
have a 24 bit subnet mask.  The actual IP address of the interface (eth0) is 10.10.10.10.
The syslog server is 10.220.45.55 (which is an aliased address).

The gateway to this Linux can ping, telnet to any of the addresses assigned to the Linux eth0.
Syslog does not get logged.

Do I need to add a route on the Linux server?  Are there any special syslog configuration issues
to get 10.220.45.55 to accept syslog?

Best regards.
Subba Rao
sailorn@attglobal.net