[GLLUG] POS Software

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:17:43 -0500

http://l-ane.sourceforge.net/

PS - what kind of barcodes?  UPC?  If not, that's more software you'll
have to find.  Also, make sure to use the keyboard wedge and not the
serial connector of the scanner, if at all possible.  Getting it to work
via serial interface will require a driver or an app like linbar.  Using
the keyboard wedge should be 'plug & play.'

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Szumlinski [mailto:szumlins@pilot.msu.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 4:53 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] POS Software

Has anyone had any experience with building or integrating a POS (Point
of Sale) system using Linux/BSD?  I have a PSC QuickScan 200 for
barcode scanning and a couple of epson receipt printers available to
try and design a simple system for a friend's store.  I'd like if at
all possible to use a web interface, but I'm not sure how to integrate
the hardware into it.  Any resources out there for the free/Open Source
software community and this stuff?

-Mike