FW: [GLLUG] Apache question...

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:44:28 -0400

Looks like this didn't deliver the first time. (?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Melson, Paul
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 5:24 PM
To: 'steven collins'
Subject: RE: [GLLUG] Apache question...

I think this can be done with mod_proxy by using ProxyPass from within a
VirtialHost directive.  Kind of like this..?

ProxyRequests On
NameVirtualHost *
Listen 63.251.56.142:80
Listen 63.251.56.142:443
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName www.domain1.net
  DocumentRoot /www/domain1
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName www.domain2.org
  ProxyPass http://10.0.0.2
  ProxyPassReverse http://10.0.0.2
</VirtualHost>

To be honest, I don't know if this will work with HTTP/1.1 name-based
vhosting, but it does work with IP-based vhosting.  Of course, in most
cases if you had a different Internet IP for the second domain, you'd
just statically NAT the internal web server to that address and leave
Apache out of the equation.  Anyway, is this kind of what you were
looking for, or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

PaulM