[GLLUG] Debian 2.4 Bootup Issues

troettger@attbi.com troettger@attbi.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:58:53 +0000

I had the same issue with mandrake 9.0 on my Gateway
laptop.  Network would load before the pcmcia card did.
I fixed it by changing the load order of the pcmcia to
before the network.  I am at work and not in front of my
linux box at the moment so I can't tell you the exact
folders but I think they are /etc/rc.d, /etc/rc1.d and
the like.  I went through each directory and renamed the
pcmcia driver that was something like S90pcmcia and did
a mv S90pcmcia to S87pcmcia (whatever number is just
before your network).  For instance if your network is
S89network and pcmcia is S90pcmcia you would do a mv
S90pcmcia S88pcmcia.  This worked for me, although
someone else might have a better solution.