[GLLUG] New Mason student LUG ???

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:46:53 -0400

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 12:52, after a long battle with technology,
Jo Dillon wrote:
> On 3 Sep 2002 at 9:42, RJ Clark wrote:
>> My teacher at the capital  had asked me to ask you
>> lunix users to see if we could attach to your group or
>   That would be Linux, Lunix sounds like an insane asylum *grins*

The only time I've seen "Lunix" used is by trolls on Usenet or /. ,
where the troll is attempting to imply that Linux is only used by
lunatics.  (Check yuor messages carefully for tyops, I guess.)

>> the steps to create a new group
> Well, you could come to one of the LUG meetings - have you seen
> the website at http://www.gllug.org yet, by the way? :) It gives the
> date of our meetings...

There's a HOWTO at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/
html_single/User-Group-HOWTO.html

but I don't know how much use it'll be for y'all.  How many users are
there in Mason?  We haven't had record-breaking attendance lately, so
extra people at the next GLLUG meet would be no problem at all.  If
transportation is a problem for the Mason folks, maybe somebody could
suggest an alternative place to meet (though AAI is pretty centrally
located, maybe we could commandeer an empty classroom at MSU or
something.)

--
   "Unfortunately, men befriend women in futile attempts to get a 3D
   accelerated video card thingy..." -- MegaHAL (trained on ASR),