[GLLUG] Wireless Protocols

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:57:08 -0400

I run a wireless network that I just make private. No passwords or
whatnot, just invisible, so unless you know what the network name is it
doesn't appear.  I'm sure there is something out there that scans for
this, but standard software for Mac/Win/*nix won't see it unless told.

As far as packet security goes, I believe WEP encryption fixes that,
and I know that the Airport I use supports it.

-Mike