[GLLUG] mysql myodbc with recordset

Ex Fed exfed@hotmail.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:08:43 +0000

I have been working with mysql, myodbc and recordsets.

Does anybody know if there is a way to execute queries using ADO, MYODBC,
Mysql and recordsets, other than having to close the recordset, set the
.source property and having reopen the recordsets?

An Example is:

myrs.close
myrs.Source = "select * from tablefoo where foodesc= '" &
Form1.cmbfoodesc.Text & "'"
myrs.Open

With DAO you could just run DB.Execute followed by the query string.

Is this opening and closing of the recordset particularly taxing on my MYSQL
server?  I would think as the tablesize grows maybe this will be more costly
in terms of time.  Or is this nothing to worry about?

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Lee Duynslager