[GLLUG] Lost LILO, Can't Boot

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:29:11 -0400 (EDT)

The way i have always done it is my booting off a disk mounting the
drives and using the alternative configuration file for Lilo ie lilo -C so
lilo isnt looking in the /etc/ directory of the emergency boot disk for
the lilo.conf file and instead can use the correct one.

For emergency disks, I usually use the redhat install disk and type rescue
at the prompt.