[GLLUG] BeOS networking

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:09:00 -0400

Nope.  I haven't run BeOS or OpenBeOS in several years, but I don't ever recall having problems with IP networking.  Can you rule out a hardware or cabling issue?  What release and platform are you using?  What does the route table on the BeOS workstation look like?

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Watters [mailto:wattersm@wattersm.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2002 10:13 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] BeOS networking

Ok, this isn't exactly linux related, but I thought somebody might know.

I have 3 machines on my network, 192.168.0.1 which is running OpenBSD
3.1, 192.168.0.2 running Debian, and 192.168.0.3 which is my laptop
running BeOS.

I cannot get the laptop and my BSD box to talk to each other.  I know
networking is working, because I can ping the laptop from my Debian
box, but no matter what I do the laptop refuses to see the gateway.

Anybody ever run into something like this?