[GLLUG] Trying to Learn Linux yet again

martin mdcasa@yahoo.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Ok I know that this is the Great Lansing user's group,
but I don't have one here in Charlotte, NC.  I have
been reading the listserv for a while and thought I'd
pose this newb question.  I am really trying to get
back into Linux.  A while back I made a conserted
effort to learn, but got bogged down when I couldn't
get my wireless nic to work under Mandrake 9.0.  So I
just purchased Xandros off the web and waiting for
it's arrival.  Any suggestions for where to go to
study.  I have tried lot's of things, and I guess what
I need is something hands on.  Heck, I'd even be
willing to pay for it.  My local community college
offers a class, but I have been told by several folks
that the teachers aren't very good (they supposedly
teach from the book and nothing else).

At any rate I need some help.  I want to, once an for
all, give Micro$oft the boot.

Thanks,

Martin