[GLLUG] OT: Linux Jobs in the Lansing Area

Matthew Hill matthew@liquidweb.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:21:08 -0400

Hello,

Forgive the off topic post, I thought it related enough to warrant
posting to the list.

I am the owner of Liquid Web Inc ( http://www.liquidweb.com )
and I've written a couple of times seeking employees
from the Lansing area with Linux experience (our entire
operation is Linux based, from workstation to servers).
I've made a number of hirings in the past and due to some major
moves we've made recently I'll be requiring quite a few more
qualified individuals.

We have previously co-located our hardware in a partnered NOC
in Scranton, PA where we house in the range of 130 servers
transferring 30-40 mbps of bandwidth.

We have recently established a local network operations
center off of Creyts Rd. in Lansing.  Our first OC3c lights
late this month which we have ordered from Verio.  We
have all major equipment in place including a 300kva
Powerware UPS, Liebert 22-ton AC, and a 250kva
Onan generator.

A range of positions are available and hirings will commence
from immediately to mid May. Positions range from shared
hosting support to hardware/managed hosting support, to
network and security positions.

At our last hiring period in December, we hired 4 individuals
and will likely require an additional 5-6 within the next 3
months, 3 of which will be hired immediately.

I encourage anyone who has interest including those who have applied in
the past to contact me at "matthew@liquidweb.com" or fax resume's to
517-322-0493 at your earliest possible convenience.  A basic job
description follows:

> Liquid Web Inc. Job Posting for Network Operator / Systems Support
>
> Liquid Web is a rapidly expanding webhosting company in the Lansing area. We plan to expand our business by building a 24x7x365 Data Center/Network Operations Center in early 2003.
>
> We are looking for Technical Support Technicians to provide first-level technical support to customers regarding system configuration issues, abuse, service outages, billing questions, and network issues.
>
> This position is responsible for working with a team of professionals providing all levels of network and server support for Redhat Linux, LAN, and WAN. This includes monitoring, installing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and providing necessary corrective action.
>
> Requirements:
>
>     *
>
>       Good working knowledge of Redhat Linux
>     *
>
>       Basic Network Troubleshooting Skills
>     *
>
>       Customer service and good communication skills
>     *
>
>       Ability to work in a close group environment
>     *
>
>       Ability to perform with little or no direct supervision
>

> Benefits:
>
>     *
>
>       Flexible scheduling
>     *
>
>       No travel
>     *
>
>       Fun, Friendly, Relaxed working environment
>     *
>
>       Medical coverage after 90 days
>     *
>
>       Exposure to state-of-the-art technology
>
 >	*
 >
 >	1 year experience desirable
 >

> Enthusiastic, team-oriented individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment and have the above qualifications are invited to submit their resumes.

If you would prefer you may call into the office speak to me personally.
I will be more than happy to speak with anyone interested in a position
to fill them in a bit more the company and positions available.

I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Matthew Hill
CEO, Liquid Web Inc.