[GLLUG] Where can I get the best Linux training?

Ross S. fusion812x@yahoo.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:28:52 -0700 (PDT)

Matt,

I had the same problem when looking for Linux classes.
 I did not find alot in the area, and for what I did
find, it would seem, you can learn as much or more in
a book.  My suggestion would be to learn from
experience, purchase an admin book or Linux bible, and
go from there.  If you really want to get involved
with hands on training, evaluate the following:

http://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/index.html

I'm not positive but I believe LCC may have introduced
a one semester Linux class if you want to go that way.
Might as well get certified if your going to spend the
money for a class. But I am bias toward certification
more than a one semester class anyways ;-)

Good luck with your search. There is more than one
route to take, I would suggest reading up on
certifications and the possibility of self teaching,
and compare that to what a one semester class has to
offer and see what the best option is to fit your
needs.

- Ross
http://www.fusion812.com

=====