[GLLUG] Where can I get the best Linux training?

Dave Rogers DaveRogers@stockalerts.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:34:20 -0400

Matt Graham wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 06:58, after a long battle with technology,
> Matt Shirilla wrote:

> Maybe you should be more specific about what you want out of this Linux
> course.  Something like:  "I want to know some basic command-line
> tools," or "I want to be able to administer and configure various
> common network services," or "I want to be able to write sendmail.cf
> from scratch using /bin/ed."

Right...you really need to figure out what you are trying to learn or become.

I would suggest after you set that goal to simply try and do it in your own environment. If you are trying to learn commands and such, _always_ remember to do the man page first.  As in "man ls" or "man cp".  The man pages are awesome.  If you are trying to do more complicated things like setup a VPN for example, consult the vast array of How-to's that exist.  In my Suse 7.2 distro the How-To's are under /usr/share/doc/howto/en/html

Good luck,
--
http://StockAlerts.com