[GLLUG] Fw: [KLUG Advocacy] Who is up for some REAL advocacy?

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM@mlcnet.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:56:44 -0400

--=_alternative 0062903985256D12_=

I am forwarding this from KLUG in case anyone in GLLUG is interested in
getting involved.

Please reply to Robert Brown at:  bob@acm.org

Thanks,
-Mark Szidik

----- Forwarded by Mark Szidik/mlc on 04/24/03 01:54 PM -----

advocacy-admin@kalamazoolinux.org wrote on 04/24/2003 01:36:51 PM:

> I am part of a small group that is considering some action with regard
> the "Anit-NAT/Firwall" legislation that went into effect in Michigan on
> March 31. The action we are contemplating is a sit-down meeting with one
or
> more members of the legislature (House and perhaps Senate), and any
staffers
> they want to bring along. The notion would be that we either get the
wording
> of this law explained CLEARLY, so everyone is on the same page, or that
we
> start a move to ammend the law so that it is clarified.
>
> Anyone who would be willing to attend such a meeting (which would most
prob-
> ably tke place in Lansing, but MAYBE in Kalamazoo during business
> hours) please
> reply to me via provate e-mail. This is not a KLUG activity, since KLUG
cannot
> participate in politcal activity or lobbying per se.
>
> I look forward to seeing replies.
>                                                      Thanks and Regards,
>                                                            ---> RGB <---

--=_alternative 0062903985256D12_=

anyone in GLLUG is interested in getting involved.</font>
-Mark Szidik</font>
Szidik/mlc on 04/24/03 01:54 PM -----</font>
01:36:51 PM:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I am part of a small group that is considering some action with regard
to<br>
&gt; the &quot;Anit-NAT/Firwall&quot; legislation that went into effect
in Michigan on <br>
&gt; March 31. The action we are contemplating is a sit-down meeting with
one or<br>
&gt; more members of the legislature (House and perhaps Senate), and any
staffers<br>
&gt; they want to bring along. The notion would be that we either get the
wording <br>
&gt; of this law explained CLEARLY, so everyone is on the same page, or
that we<br>
&gt; start a move to ammend the law so that it is clarified.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Anyone who would be willing to attend such a meeting (which would
most prob-<br>
&gt; ably tke place in Lansing, but MAYBE in Kalamazoo during business
&gt; hours) please<br>
&gt; reply to me via provate e-mail. This is not a KLUG activity, since
KLUG cannot<br>
&gt; participate in politcal activity or lobbying per se.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I look forward to seeing replies.<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Thanks and Regards,<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;---&gt; RGB
&lt;---<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Advocacy mailing list<br>
&gt; Advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org<br>