[GLLUG] RedHat 7.2 installation problem

aSe ase at sysfail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:38:02 EDT 2003

> I am having a problem installing RedHat 7.2 on an Dual Athlon 2000
machine.  The last three lines of the boot message are below:

> >EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
> >isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=09:00, iso_blknum=16, block=32
> >Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 09:00
>
> The machine is a Dual Athlon 2000, Tyan Motherboard, on-board Adaptec SCSI
Ultra 320 controller.

> I have run linux dd and installed the driver (downloaded from Adaptec),
the system goes through it's normal installation process, claims to complete
successfully and then craps out on reboot.

> 8.0 installs fine, but I need 7.2 for the applications I'm trying to run.
This is going to sound stupid but, why do you need 7.2, what applications
are you trying to run?

Second, what type of bootloader are you using? (if any)

Gordon Keesler [aSe at SysFail.com]