[GLLUG] PC Card eth0 Recommendations

Marr marr at shianet.org
Tue Aug 5 17:30:36 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 01:55pm, Melson, Paul wrote:
> Actually, what may be even more humorous is that Microsoft's networking
> hardware is pretty standard Accton/SMC OEM stuff, which would probably work
> just fine under Linux.  I know that the MN-520 (wireless PCMCIA card), for
> example, works great under RedHat 9.
>
> PaulM

Very interesting, but not completely unexpected. What I really meant (and
should have said) was "I'm pretty sure they're the _last_ manufacturer who's
going to _advertise_ Linux-compatibility on the box!"

It's nice to know about MS-compatibility, but they'll still be my "when Hell
freezes over" choice (with apologies to Ed G. and his cable-modem). ;^)

Bill Marr