[GLLUG] The old Switcharoo

Darrel Ray Clute, III darrel_clute at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 06:20:31 EDT 2003

I have worked on a few Cabletron devices when I worked at Albion
College.  If I remember correctly the DB-9 serial port that you connect
to your comm port is not the same pinout as the Cisco terminal adapter,
and you use a straight-through not rollover cable.  Aside from the
pinout difference consoling in is the same as if you were establishing a
console session with a Cisco device (9600,8,None,1,None).  The CLI on
the Cabletron devices is not nearly as intuitive like the Cisco IOS and
is a little more difficult to navigate.  Once you have the IP
information set you will be able to telnet to the device from anywhere
on your LAN or the LAN to which it is connected.

--
Darrel Clute, CCNP/CCDP

To Decipher Code - http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/

To Learn About Code - http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html