[GLLUG] Fw: .c and .h files

Benjamin Minshall minshal1 at msu.edu
Mon Dec 15 17:53:40 EST 2003

Bill-

It doesn't sound like there would be any "easy" install path for these
boxes.  The *.c and *.h files are actual kernel source code files that
must be compiled into a custom kernel before you can install onto this
hardware.  Typically, the procedure would be to build the kernel from
source code on another linux machine, install the custom kernel onto a
boot disk, then use that boot disk to boot the machine and hopefully
bootstrap a distro install from a rootdisk.  This is really a pretty
complicated process that I think is beyond the scope of explaination
this e-mail.

If you're interested, I'm sure people here can help with the process.

-Ben