[GLLUG] USB Flash Drive connectivity, 2

Brian Hoort hoortbri at msu.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:35:58 EST 2003

Group,

I have been surfing for answers a bit, and have another clue that should
prove useful.  On
http://www.linuxhardware.org/features/03/09/18/0357222.shtml, an article
mentions that when you insert the device, you should get the following
inserted into your dmesg:

hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.1-1, assigned address 2
   Vendor: CRUCIAL   Model: USB DRIVE         Rev: 1.10
Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sdb: 125952 512-byte hdwr sectors (64 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
  /dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0: p1
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 2

I do not get anything like this.  So I think there may be something wrong
with the USB driver.  I will look in that direction this evening.
TIA

--
Brian Hoort

It's simple to make things. It's hard to make things simple.