[GLLUG] PHP/images/MySQL

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:21:25 -0500

Okay...here is what I'm trying to do and I can't figure out a good
method.  Maybe someone else out there has a good idea on how to do this:

I have a user input through a form a bunch of random info (check boxes,
text fields, etc), but I also need up to 4 images to correspond to the
ID for that row.  Its for an inventory system.

The images also need to be thumbnailed and shrunk before they hit the
folder/database (haven't figured out what is better yet). So basically
each unique ID within the database has up to 8 images associated with
it (4 thumbs, 4 640x480 images).

I can't quite think of how to pull it off.  I've done single image
stores by just renaming the image the ID.jpg, but that won't work here.
  I've thought about putting them into the table in the database, but I
can't figure out how to use GD to shrink them down first if I do that.
I'm sorta clueless on how to pull this off for now.  Any ideas?

-Mike