[GLLUG] Hot Swap an ATA Hard Drive

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:00:55 -0500 (EST)

Speaking of ide hostswap, does anyone have one of the ata -> scsi
converters? It allows you to use an ata/ide device on a scsi chain. The
adapters themselves are ~80 bucks.

Also, did anyone order one of the Apple IDE raid boxes? It is like 2.5TB
on two fibre channel raid controllers. (14x180G drives, 7 per controller)
for ~$10k. Im wondering about speed, and compatibility. I am assuming it
is compatible with other systems, and the speed for simultaneous multiple
read/writes will be slower but im wondering by how much.

Sean