[GLLUG] your favorite softwares, and distros

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@mac.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:21:15 -0500

I personally think that FreeBSD is pretty rock solid and easy to get up
and running for a server platform and development box.  That being
said, I have a MacOS X machine that I really do most of the dev from
and have an ssh window open all the time to the server.

Redhat was always the easiest for me to get up and running in the past.
  Debian was a bitch to figure out if you didn't know what you were
doing.  Slackware has pretty good hardware support, so it might not be
a bad place to try if you haven't been able to get Redhat kicking.

-Mike