[GLLUG] RedHat 8.0 Sound Issues

Brian Hefferan brianhef@heftone.com
03 Jan 2003 00:31:51 -0500

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 14:25, Ashton Shortridge wrote:
> That's a great idea. The sound problems appear to be confined to my main
> account configuration, as a new user account worked fine. Given that this is
> the case, do you know which KDE config files I should overwrite?

I don't know which config file is causing the trouble, though there's a
good chance it's in the ~/.kde directory somewhere. I'd quit kde, rename
the ~/.kde directory, restart kde. Kde will create a fresh .kde when it
starts.  If renaming ~/.kde doesn't fix it, you could make an "old"
subdirectory in your home directory and move everything non-essential
from you home directory into it, repeat, rinse, etc...

Brian Hefferan
Heftone Banjo Orchestra:
http://www.msen.com/~brianhef/hbo/Heftone_Banjo_Orchestra.html