[GLLUG] ttyS0 trouble

Basher584 basher584@basher584.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:38:03 -0500

Does the BIOS set up for PnP?  Sometimes I have had weird resource problems when that was set to "yes" when I was in linux.  If setserial is coming up with "unknown", I would try to set it to a different IRQ/IOaddress.

Your getting a line like this in bootup correct?
Serial driver version 5.05c (2001-07-08) with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ SERIAL_PCI ISAPNP enabled

-Ben