[GLLUG] Re: Partitions

c.tower@express56.com c.tower@express56.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:25:57 -0500 (EST)

> From: "April Curley" <blu_flame19@hotmail.com>
> To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
> Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 09:35:01 +0000
> Subject: [GLLUG] Partitions
>
> How do you set up a partition if you want a dual boot sytem?

If you already have Partition Magic or a similar utility, that can do it for you and even format the partition for linux, I believe.  Otherwise, there are other free utilities you would use that are part of whatever operating systems (OS) you wish to install.  Some linux distributions provide a partitioning utility so you can partition your hard disk during installation.

Do you want to be able to run linux and some version of Windows, April?  Do you want more than two OS's installed?  Does your hard disk already have an OS installed, and do you want to use that one?  I was going to assume Windows was one of your OS's of choice, but it's possible it's not, and that would change the advice I, little more than a linux newbie, would give you.

                              Chick

Unlimited Internet access at only $9.95/month.
http://www.EXPRESS56.COM/?refsource=webmail