[GLLUG] netatalk on yellowdog linux

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Tue Jul 8 19:13:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 13:11, Sean wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2003, Mike Rambo wrote:
>
> > I can connect by IP and login with no problem - the server name is right
> > when I do it that way too. I'm looking now for where the 'Kendon
> > Elem.Server' name might be coming from. Any other suggestions in that
> > regard? Should I do a PRAM reset on the G4 or something?
> >
> Try this:
> Shut the daemon down.
> Look at the atalkd.conf file.
> Edit it so it only has
> eth0
> in it (i am assuming you ahven't added any ethernet cards to this.
>
> And restart netatalk.
> View it and see what that file says (and test to see if that work). the
> rest of it should automagically fill up with the appletalk routing
> information for the network.

I added the eth0 and started atalk again. It was previously just a blank
file. The daemon filled in values like usual. I also restarted atalk on
the x86 box just for kicks and then also restarted the iMac I'm using
for testing. No difference. I still see the correct name 'kendon-dc1' in
chooser but when I click kendon-dc1 it magically becomes 'Kendon
Elem.Server' on the next window. I've rgrep'd everything in /etc and
find no reference to the 'Kendon Elem...' string. Don't know where else
to look.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us