[GLLUG] Apache Authentication

Scott Harrison harris41 at msu.edu
Sun Jul 13 02:07:12 EDT 2003

Hi Tom:

I would suggest (and forgive me if I am missing
something about your circumstance here):

GOAL: htaccess_windows --> htaccess_linux

1. The file "htaccess_windows",
--beginfile--
joe:123
sally:234
morphy:345
--endfile--

2. touch "htaccess_linux"

3. cat htaccess_windows | \
   perl -nle \
   'my($u,$p)=split(m/\:/);`htpasswd -b htaccess_linux $u $p`;'

4. End result is:
--beginfile--
joe:/fAbLaLMEK33o
sally:/f7q3z635XEV.