[GLLUG] Netinfo and scripting

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Wed Jul 23 11:41:24 EDT 2003

I currently have a OS X clone that I use to send out to all my users
that have one uniform username (macuser) and password.  I'd like to
write a script that allows me to change the computer name and realname
to specified values without having to go into Netinfo Manager and the
sharing preference pane.  Anyone know how to tackle this?

I think the value I'm looking to change in Netinfo is
/users/<username>/realname.   I'm not sure where else to find the
Computer Name and Rendezvous Name

Any ideas?

-Mike