[GLLUG] Installation Issues

Thomas Alan Hearn hearntho at msu.edu
Wed Jul 23 22:17:13 EDT 2003

Dear Gllugers,
   I have recently acquired a Maxtor 120gig 7200 rpm Ultra ATA/133
harddrive.  This is my problem though:  My past two harddrives, as well as
cd-rom drive, are all three on a scsi interface.  So I can't totally remove
the scsi interface because the cdrom can't be used without it.  The BIOS
recognizes the new ide hd when it is in with the other scsi hardware,
however, when i run through the redhat 9 partioning, hda does not show up?
I can see it when the setup is loading on the black screen, but I cannot
edit this in the partitioning for the linux install.  Any ideas on this?
I'm totally lost, don't really know that much about scsi, looks like i'm
about to learn.

Cheers,
Tom