[GLLUG] Tape drives

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Thu Jul 24 12:51:19 EDT 2003

Yeah, I believe it was multiplexing.  I'm sure he must have the storage
and network speed to keep up that speed (large storage not small clients).

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:43:08AM -0400, Melson, Paul wrote:

  Is that using multiplexing (aka "multiple stream backup")?  Or is that 1
  stream per client?  Cuz, to be fair, with 6 drives doing mux backups,
  the client is most likely the bottleneck, whether you're using LTO,
  SDLT, or AIT. :-)

  Anyway, I recently visited a small company that's got about a half-dozen
  Linux and Solaris servers.  They're using an ATL SuperLoader 220 w/ SDLT
  220 drives and NetBackup on Linux.  Their admin couldn't say enough nice
  stuff about it.  (I agree - if you're UNIX-heavy and haven't looked at
  NetBackup 4.5, it's worth your time to do so.)

  PaulM