[GLLUG] Building a new system

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Thu Jul 24 17:05:34 EDT 2003

Daniel Bennett wrote:

> On Thursday 24 July 2003 11:50, C. Ulrich wrote:
>

>>There are x86 emulators for the Mac platform, however, but from
>>what I remember, they aren't open-source (or free as beer).
>

> Bochs is an LGPL x86 emulator.. I don't know how well it runs on
> OSX, though.

I was going to mention Bochs, but from what I can tell it's not ready to run
any kind of recent software. The web site says the Windows 95 is supported and
that Windows NT support is recent. (I realize that Bochs and VMWare have
differing goals.) Also, it's written in C++ which means it's quite a bit
slower than other solutions. The one nice thing about Bochs is that it can run
on pretty much any system with a C++ compiler.

--Charles Ulrich
--
http://bityard.net