[GLLUG] more wine questions =)

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Sat Jun 7 01:32:49 EDT 2003

Apologies if this thread was continued elsewhere or if a solution was already
found... I'm trying to catch up on two weeks worth of email and thought I'd
just toss in a couple of suggestions.

Mark Tarquini wrote:
> alrighty, now, wine's installed, but when i try to run just 'wine' i get
> this funny error:
>
> [iametarq at localhost iametarq]$ wine
> wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-iametarq/server-306-490332 : No such file or
> directory
>
> also...I read somewhere wine wont work with a win2k partition?  is that
> true?

More accurately, Linux will not work with NTFS partitions. At least, not
properly. Mounting an NTFS partition read/write is a recipe for disaster, but
read-only usually works if you can put up with a glitch here and there.

> I also mount my win2k partition to ~/win2k/...

This will work as long as the user that runs wine has read and write access to
that location.

> In theory if i wanted to run notepad would i type
>
>  "wine ~/win2k/winnt/notepad.exe"
>
> to run notepad?  or does notepad have to be in
>  ~/.wine/c/windows/notepad.exe

Uh, well the first would work and the second might too, depending on your
situation.

--C. Ulrich
--
http://bityard.net