[GLLUG] Syntax Highlightin in vi

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sat Jun 7 18:13:22 EDT 2003

On Saturday 07 June 2003 13:15, after a long battle with technology,
Brad Fears wrote:
> Anyone know how to disable syntax highlighting in vi so I can get rid
> of the blue-on-black text (and other, equally annoying color
> combinations)?

" in ~/.vimrc
syntax off

A better alternative is to go edit /usr/share/vim/$VERSION/syntax/
syncolor.vim and change the hard-to-see colors to better ones.  If you
have a dark background on your xterm/konsole, change all DarkBlue to
Blue.  Syntax highlighting is extremely useful in many ways if you give
it a better chance.

--
   "A bird in the Senate and the GNU project long before Microsoft was a
    nasty slavering sound, and three of my men were swept up in its