[GLLUG] dvd ripper/encoder

Dylan M. misenhe1 at pilot.msu.edu
Sun Jun 8 01:34:49 EDT 2003

spawned by laziness, inspired by freevo, i'm looking for a good way to
rip my dvd's to put them on a file server.  i've dabbled in dvd::rip
(front-end for transcode), and lately i've been using mencoder, tho i'm
not that happy with it.  ideally, i'm looking for something that won't
compromise the video too much, that will encode in an mpeg.  i'd be
thrilled with a result of ~2G file, good enough not to care that its a
rip.  i am impressed w/transcode, but the ripper w/dvd::rip doesn't rip
all that good.  any suggestions?  i'm doing my best to avoid the 300 dvd
changer  ;)

thanks
dylan