[GLLUG] dvd::rip install (perl-gtk problems)

Dylan M. misenhe1 at pilot.msu.edu
Wed Jun 25 19:48:41 EDT 2003

trying to install dvd::rip. it tells me that i don't have
gtk::gdk::pixbuf (ran into this problem many times before) now when i
try to install perl-gtk.7008, i get errors saying that it can't find
gnome-config (which i can't locate).

now the problem all started when i installed Slackware 9.0

_What  Perl-Gtk wants_                      _What Slackware has_
Gtk+ 1.2.x                                  Gtk+ 2.0
gnome 1.0.x                                 Gnome 2.2
libglade 0.11                               libglade 2.0
gdkimlib 1.9.x
gtkglarea 1.2.x

i do realize that i'm missing gdkimlib (tho since i'm just looking for
pixbuf, and isn't pixbuf a replacement for gdkimlib?) and gtkglarea, i
don't think those are necessary, and excluding any number of packages
from the Makefile.PL for GTK-Perl doesn't help much.

SO, forgive me for my rambling, i suppose the question is.... am i
wasting my time trying to get dvd::rip installed using GTK 2.0, is there
someway i can work around this (and with no knowledge of Perl, doesn't
help me try playing w/the code), would just getting either gnome-config
or gnome-gconf solve my problem? (if so, where can i find it)  OR would
i just be better off dropping back down to Slackware 8.1, were i didn't
run into this problem?

thanks
dylan