[GLLUG] Slashdot Meetup

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Jun 27 20:56:20 EDT 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 20:36, after a long battle with technology,
Chick Tower wrote:
> How did the Slashdot Meetup get scheduled for a billiard parlor that
> no longer exists?

Good question.  I didn't get the usual message saying, "Please go to
[link] to vote for a Meetup location" this month, though.  They've
recently put a bunch of new bugs^Wfeatures into the Meetup site, maybe
this is one of them.

> For that matter, how do they come up with the
> voting selections for each meeting?

ISTR some link somewhere on the main Meetup page where you could suggest
a location for Meetups.  The idea is that people familiar with the area
can suggest good places, and the participants vote.  Last meet, the
consensus was that we should go to some billiards place, so when I saw
the location, I thought Jeff or Erica or someone had suggested that
place, and more folks had voted it in.  Guess I was wrong!

--
   I think I'll go hold my head under a bucket of vodka until I
   feel better.