[GLLUG] OT: Keyboards

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:03:07 -0500

I used to have a Crystal Visions PS/2 keyboard that was little more than
a laptop keyboard in a shell.  It was great when working on servers w/o
the benefit of a KVM switch.  Very compact, but still easy to type on.
I wouldn't want to write any papers or do any substantial coding on that
keyboard, though - seems like a fast road to carpal tunnel to me.

http://www.crystalvisions.com/compactkeyboards.htm

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Szidik/mlc [mailto:SzidikM@mlcnet.org]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 10:27 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] OT: Keyboards

I am trying to find a smaller keyboard, the Happy hacking keyboard v2
[1]
is very small, but I am worried that it is too radical of a departure
from
the standard PC keyboard for me to get comfortable with.  Especially
sice I
will probably only be buying one keyboard for work and have a standard
one
at home.  Ideally I would like to get a standard PC keyboard, but one
that
does not have the numeric keypad.  This layout would save the inverted T
arrow keys and the insert, del, pgUp, PgDn, etc keys.  This layout would
bring my mouse 4 inches closer to the keyboard, which I am sure would be
more comfortable.

So my questions are:
1) Has anyone out there found a PC keyboard without the numeric keypad?
B) Anybody using the Happy Hacking keyboard?  Comments?

[1] http://www.fentek-ind.com/hhlite2lrg.jpg

Thanks,
Mark Szidik