[GLLUG] computer science schools in michigan

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:07:28 -0500

When I was at Tech, we used to go to Marquette on the weekends to party.  It *is* the happening spot in the UP.  After all, Marquette had the only Taco Bell for hundreds of miles, not to mention cute girls, something sorely lacking at MTU. :-)

It is beautiful country up there.  Very unspoiled.  Summer classes are a must.  My only advice to anyone going to MTU for CS is to intern with IBM during winter semester - they ship you to Boca Raton, FL, which is a nice change of pace from the yooper winter.

PaulM

PS - But, yeah, you'll get a better education at Tech than you would if you attended Not Much-of-a University. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Graham [mailto:danceswithcrows@usa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 9:38 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: Re: [GLLUG] computer science schools in michigan

You mentioned NMU.  Don't go there unless you like the relative
isolation and wilderness of the U.P--remember that Marquette only has
about 30,000 people, and it's the largest city in the U.P.  If you *do*
like the relative isolation and wilderness of the U.P, you can probably
get a better education at MTU.