[GLLUG] IPcop WORKS!

Mark Tarquini mark@iametarq.com
Sun, 18 May 2003 16:41:14 -0400

Hey Everyone,

Thank you soooooo much for all your help everyone!  I entered the proxy server
settings that we usually have in all our web browsers.  I had to enter the proxy
address as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx and put the check into Enable Proxy and transparent.

what does the transparent setting mean?

Also, there is one strange thing and i'm not sure if it's coincidence or not.
Most websites that require logins for email,etc would not come up, they would
just time out.  Do i need to enable something else in the IPcop configuration
interface?

thanks again for all your help!  within a few weeks (and assuming my boss let's
me still) patrons at the East Lansing Public library can bring their laptops =)

-Mark Tarquini
--
"And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -
Friedrich Nietzsche

mark@iametarq.com
  www.iametarq.com