[GLLUG] CD-RW problems

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu May 29 23:27:14 EDT 2003

On Thursday 29 May 2003 22:21, after a long battle with technology, Todd
Torrey wrote:
> I'm having a difficult time burning audio CD's using cdrecord.
> I have a Plextor 48x writer, which works fine when burning
> data CD's, but when I try to burn an audio CD's I get a I/O
> write error.

> cdrecord -dummy -v dev=0,0,0 -dao -useinfo -text *.wav

cdrecord's DAO mode is a bit of a hack.  Do you have .inf files
available for all the .wav files you're trying to burn?  You need them
if you're going to use -useinfo and/or -text.  Use cdrdao for writing
in DAO mode, or write in TAO mode.

> Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x09 (write error - loss of streaming) Fru 0x0

Also try writing at a slower speed, maybe 24x?  Burn-Poof doesn't work
if you're writing in DAO mode IIRC.

--
   That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
   --Trevor Goodchild, AEon Flux