[GLLUG] Redhat Discontinuation of Red Hat Linux Line?

Keith Harrison kharrison at icshq.com
Mon Nov 3 15:18:05 EST 2003

Check out slashdot

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/11/03/1749259.shtml?tid=106&tid=110&tid=126&
tid=163&tid=185&tid=187

Keith Harrison
Innovative Computer Services
517-394-1890 ext 22
kharrison at icshq.com
www.icshq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-bounces at egr.msu.edu [mailto:linux-user-bounces at egr.msu.edu]
On Behalf Of Mark Tarquini
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 2:11 PM
To: GLLUG
Subject: [GLLUG] Redhat Discontinuation of Red Hat Linux Line?

I'm confused.  I received this today from RH:

"Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and
errata support for Red Hat Linux 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 as of December
31, 2003. Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and errata support for
Red Hat Linux 9 as of April 30, 2004. Red Hat does not plan to release
another product in the Red Hat Linux line."

Does this mean I should consider trying another distro of linux?  I've been
wanting to for a while, I just haven't had the time really or any good
reasons to yet.

Any wisdom is always appreciated. =)
--

Mark Tarq