[GLLUG] Redhat Discontinuation of Red Hat Linux Line?

steven collins scollins at thegeekery.com
Tue Nov 4 00:20:42 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 18:30, Chris Strandt wrote:
> So it sounds like they are just kind of giving Fedora a start.. and
> letting it go in its own direction.  Kind of reminds me of the Mozilla
> project.  Netscape got it going.. then let it go in its own direction..
> giving and taking code from the project.

heh. If that's not an ominous prediction I don't know what is ;)
I don't know a single person that uses netscape anymore.

> Should be interesting to see how Redhat makes out with selling their
> Enterprise edition.

Yeah we'll see how that works out for them but it still leaves a bad
taste in my mouth. And handing over Fedora to "the community" is great
and all but I'm curious how well "the community" will accept this bold
move. Almost everyone I've talked to today is ready to flush their
trusty red hat into their trusty porcelain commode.

-steven