[GLLUG] Mismatched pair: cobol and XP. Guru needed!

Jolyon Michael Vincent vincen21 at msu.edu
Thu Nov 6 00:07:08 EST 2003

Sean O'Malley writes:

> you might try
> http://tiny-cobol.sourceforge.net/

Tried. all I found was source for redhat, and cgywin. I have both, but can't
run redhat as the comp linux resides on is in the shop for much needed
storage upgrade. no space to install anything besides core operating system.

I would use cgywin, as I have it installed...but I don't have any idea how
to run it. it doesn't seem to be as friendly as Rhat's gui.

here's what I got from sourceforge:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tiny-cobol/tinycobol-devel-0.61.tar.gz?us
e_default=unc

> not sure how well it works. im not a cobol programmer =)

Original Message follows: