[GLLUG] Firewalls Cross-Ported to Windows

Brian Hoort hoortbri at msu.edu
Thu Nov 6 09:43:50 EST 2003

Oh Great Ones,

I'm looking for a GNU/Open/Free firewall that has been ported to Windows
OS.  I suspect this doesn't exist, due to tight integration into kernel,
but thought it worth asking.  If we find one, this might be first
opportunity to sneak GNU into our MS organization.  We need a FW on each
client--not looking for centralized network FW.  We've been evaluating free
ZoneAlarm and BlackIce, and aren't quite pleased.

Your humble servant,

--
Brian Hoort

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
Abraham Lincoln