[GLLUG] ssh and putty(winXP)

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 22 22:36:29 EST 2003

I'm trying to set up ssh on my gentoo system. Ssh is running, but when I try
to connect to it using putty on my xp machine, as soon as I input my
username in putty, putty closes down.

I have been reading about DSA and RSA keys. I have generated a DSA key using
puttygen.exe but how do I get gentoo/ssh to recognize it?

Am I missing something?

Also, I have been reading about booting diskless computers (or computers
with small hard drive space) off of linux.

I have an old computer here and would like to try it out. Can any one point
me in the right direction on how to set up the server and

The computer for booting off of the server? I'm using Gentoo as my OS.

Thanks,

Seth