[GLLUG] trying to write a script And how to restart pure-ftpd

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Oct 17 17:49:07 EDT 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 16:28, after a long battle with technology,
Seth Bembeneck wrote:
> How do I get command line arguments in a script?
> e.g. myscript blah

Depends on the scripting language.  All the arguments are in @ARGV if
you're using Perl; you can use $ARGV[1] .. $ARGV[n] to read them.  In
bash, they're in $1 .. $9 and ${10} .. ${n} .  Further information on
these basic questions is available by Googling for "$SCRIPTING_LANGUAGE
tutorial", which I strongly advise you to do.  HTH,

--
   I think I'll have to put on 500 pounds of subwoofers, amps, and other
   delicious herbs.  --MegaHAL, trained on ASR